|Title: Senior Vendor Risk Management Analyst
Location: Long Island, New York
This resource will be a key member of the Third-Party Risk Management team and will be responsible for helping fulfill the Bank's TPRM mandate. They will also be responsible for (but not limited to) analyzing data, creating reports, developing presentations, and leading/managing projects. This role will support the Director of TPRM, as well as the Chief Risk Officer, and Deputy Chief Risk Officer, and interface with Business Process Owners throughout all lines of business and other Risk colleagues within the Bank.
- Queries and analyzes data from the TPRM system and other sources to construct meaningful risk reports on various vendor performance and accountability metrics; assessing data quality and working with system admins & vendors to correct/enhance data fields as needed.
- Develops presentations socialized with senior/executive levels of management as well as the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Develops metrics/key risk indicators to provide TPRM risk oversight tools as well as other enterprise-wide risk reports.
- Communicates methodology and results of analyses and makes recommendations based on them, if applicable, clearly, and concisely.
- Supports ongoing vendor monitoring efforts by reviewing SOC reports for existing and new vendors, and produces value added vendor risk identification and reporting.
- Reviews risk assessments and due diligence performed by BPOs on their vendor relationships to aid in identification and mitigation of risk.
- Provides feedback to the line of business around risks, controls, remediation, and reporting.
- Contributes to continual improvement of TPRM program by providing constructive feedback and recommendations to shore up deficiencies in processes/procedures.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, or similarly analytical concentration
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in risk management at a financial institution; preferably at least two years in a TPRM function
- Knowledge of vendor risk concepts and applicable regulatory guidance (e.g., OCC, FDIC or FRB)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with ability to utilize advanced Excel functionality, create engaging and informative PowerPoint presentations, and work effectively in Word
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, draw conclusions, and formulate recommendations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills