Job Title: Business Data Analyst
Heitmeyer Consulting has an immediate, contract-to-hire opening for a Business Data Analyst to engage with one of our financial services clients. The selected candidate will join a scrum team designated to a enterprise wide transformational project. This individual will collaborate with the business and technical teams to collect, clarify, and translate date use cases and requirements into user stories and conceptual design.
- Lead assigned projects and/or provide advanced technical and consultative support to other team members for assigned business unit or assigned applications.
- Lead the overall coordination, consolidation and decomposition of functional scope into documented user stories, data and system flows for medium to complex scope.
- Partner with product owners and development team to carry out business process assessments to identify business needs and priorities.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of applications and stay current in technical enhancements, methodologies, and trends.
- Create complex mapping documentation to enable the extraction and transformation of data from a source system.
- Recommends business practices to optimize use of application systems.
- 7+ years’ experience working as a Business Data Analyst
- Experience working in the Banking of Financial services industry.
- Experience building out complex SQL queries for data mapping purposes.
- Proven ability to elicit detailed requirements and produce requirement artifacts to help the development team based on the business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to express business concepts concisely and effectively both written and verbal.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law