Role: Senior Compensation Consultant
6-9 month contract
Hybrid 2-3 days / week in Brooklyn, Ohio office (Cleveland area)
Start date: 9/1/23
Heitmeyer is seeking a Senior Compensation Consultant to support our Cleveland headquartered Insurance client. Great opportunity to join one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio!
Top Skills – Must haves:
- 5+ years professional compensation experience and general human resources
- HR compensation experience with variable pay (required) and executive pay (preferred)
- HR Information Systems (HRIS) skills – ability to navigate HR systems / job description database and assist in possible future conversion to a new tool
- Market analysis and pay design methodologies, variable compensation and equity plans (Working knowledge)
- Sales compensation knowledge – provide insight
- Knowledge of related compliance laws (FLSA and 409A regulations)
- Microsoft Office
- Results oriented and problem solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or other relevant certification
- Health Insurance – highly preferred
Role / Responsibilities:
- 6-9 month contract role to work with the compensation department to keep up with the increased volume of work, including increased hiring
- Successful candidate with work with two other dedicated consultants in the Compensation team and report to the Director of Total Rewards
- The role will perform job evaluations for new / revised positions, including FLSA compliance and market pricing.
- Will maintain relevant processes and job description library, and potentially support implementation of a new tool.
- Will participate in the annual merit process – recommending budget / salary range models and ensure pay adjustments properly processed – and recommend ideas for process improvement.