Role: Data Governance & Analytics SME Consultant
3+ month contract – 10-20 hours / week consulting services
Hybrid – must be able to come into the Cleveland office as needed
Start date: 9/1/23
Heitmeyer is seeking a Data Governance & Analytics SME senior consultant to support our Cleveland headquartered Insurance client. A new / more formal Data and Analytics Governance program is being implemented as part of the company’s strategy.
The successful candidate will have experience building frameworks for Data Governance and Data Analytics. The consultant will start building the foundation of data governance and coach/train junior internal team members. Great opportunity to work with one of the top companies in Northeast Ohio!
Top Skills – Must haves:
- Data Governance – SME level, has stood up a data catalog and other data governance tools in a healthcare, health plan environment (highly preferred)
- Coaching / training experience
- Experience training data stewards, managing master data, fostering data literacy, standing up a data catalog / other data governance tools
- Navigating an established data landscape with legacy code reports
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining a Data Governance program within the healthcare industry
- Microsoft Office
- Results oriented and problem solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Health Insurance / Health Care industry – highly preferred
- Knowledge of related healthcare data compliance laws
- Consultancy background
Role / Responsibilities:
- The Data Governance & Analytics consultant will work with the VP Head of Enterprise Data and Platform to help build and implement a new Data Governance & Analytics strategy
- The successful candidate will support development of a tactical Data Governance Program Plan to detail program activities, milestones, and measures of program success.
- Provide direction on training materials for data governance program participants.
- Assist in creating informational material to educate data community on data governance.
- Will consult on the program, ensure a strong foundation, and accelerate implementation.
- Deliverables include Data Governance Program Plan, training materials for the program participants, running data / analytics councils, support recruiting and onboarding permanent governance lead and other tasks / program materials as needed.
- Initial consulting project for at least 3 months at 10-20 hours / week.
- Must be able to come onsite in Cleveland if needed – so prefer someone local / in the region.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.