Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: Direct Hire
The Financial Reporting Manager (FRM) role will report directly to the Financial Reporting Director and will be primarily responsible for overseeing the Company’s General Ledger Accounting Operations function, performing both recurring and ad hoc duties, with accountability for timely and accurate delivery. The FRM is expected to have robust subject matter expertise and the ability to lead and manage the GL functional area without day-to-day tactical oversight.
- Lead and manage a team of 5-8 Accounting staff, ensuring appropriate prioritization, workload, and adequate cross training
- Remain current on recent rules, interpretations, and industry practices (GAAP, SEC, other regulatory, etc.).
- Actively develop relationships across functional areas to ensure cross-departmental collaboration.
- Assist with external financial audits, regulatory examinations, and similar activities.
- Participate in day-to-day as well as month-end closing activities, including processing journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting.
- Ensure execution of key controls in compliance with SOX internal controls and documentation requirements.
- Initiate and implement Accounting department process improvement initiatives
- Perform complex financial analysis as needed
- 8+ years related accounting / finance experience
- 5+ years leadership experience with focus on growth and development of a team
- 3+ years experience managing day to day operations of Journal Entries, GL operations etc.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.