Job Title: Architect 3
Location: Riverside, RI
Duration: 3 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking an Architect 3 for our client in the financial services industry. This person will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of applications and operational processes.
- Oversees projects / products from inception to successful delivery.
- Participate in cross functional collaboration, analysis, architecture, design and implementation to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Resolve high priority business driven problems.
- Communicates concepts, costs/benefit, risks/management and options that the audience will understand and endorse.
- Ensures a holistic approach to problem resolution and improvements that considers all areas of products and services.
- Provides technical leadership and responsibility for technical excellence on all projects/initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline – preferred.
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in commercial product software development.
- Experience developing web applications using Java or .Net based frameworks.
- Experience developing with existing Web 2.0 and emerging technologies – AJAX or HTML5.
- Experience evaluating emerging technologies and trends including successfully bringing solutions in house.
- Understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
- Architecture design and modeling capabilities.
- Solid experience with a variety of technologies/approaches including J2EE, .NET, mainframe platform, packaged applications, multi-platforms applications, human workflow, EAI, SOA.
- Understanding of a wide variety of technologies.
- Ability to apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels.
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense high-tech environment. Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong command of the English language written and oral. Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts; from technical staff to management.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.