Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Remote (Durham, NC) with 25% travel
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Business Analyst for our client in the financial services industry. The BA conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. He/she will assist management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. The Business Analyst will document and re-engineer business processes and publishes business metrics results. This person can work remotely.
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- Provide Functional expertise in banking application development for financial services company.
- Organizing and facilitating requirements sessions with clients while directing the client toward core product design
- Documenting business/functional requirements
- Assisting with user acceptance testing
- Serving as liaison between the client and the development organization
- Will involve US travel up to 25% on average of the course of a year
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working with web-based banking applications
- At least 3-5 years of BA experience in Retail Sales and Service, platform banking, online banking, mobile banking and/or account opening
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role within a bank or credit union
- Experience in Branch Operations (Management, Teller, Administrative)
- Experience working as a liaison between clients and developers and UX Designers
- Strong exposure in performing GAP analysis
- Knowledge of financial products and services
- Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate client organization
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
- Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing
- Process mapping/re-engineering
- Agile Methodology
- Teller Product Company Experience
- Knowledge of front counter Image Capture
- Knowledge of using JIRA a plus
- Technical experience on banking systems (i.e. hosts and delivery channels)
- Familiarity with the SDLC lifecycle process
- Commercial banking/treasury management experience
- Loan application and servicing experience
- Teller experience
- Experience with Case Management tool a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.