Position: IT Business Data Analyst
Location: SF/Walnut Creek
Heitmeyer Consulting is hiring a Business Data Analyst consultant for our banking client to work on a large data privacy project. The ideal candidate will draw out, analyze, validate, and manage requirements, flows and deliverables for projects. The candidate will also conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design for Compliance and Privacy related projects.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on Privacy, Regulatory and Compliance Functions.
- The Systems Analyst will work with Business to define and document the overall system flow of projects.
- Work with business to understand requirements and help to translate them into actionable IT tasks.
- Working closely with the IT team to deliver business requirements.
- Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators.
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analysis with a focus on Privacy.
- Have good knowledge of Data Governance and compliance, specifically Privacy experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL, Microsoft Excel, etc.), programming (R, Python, etc)
- Python and SQL are very important.
- Have knowledge of different Privacy law/regulations.
- Understand Data life cycle and aware of Data classification, tagging and catalog.
- Experience with OneTrust and producing DSAR reports within that environment
- Professional Certifications (CIPP, CIPT, CIPP-US, CDPSE, CISSP, CISA, or related)
- Review existing ETL pipelines in Informatica/SSIS to identify/troubleshoot data issues.
- Knowledge of Tableau /Power BI or any BI tool and be able to build and support dashboards is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SSIS.
- Good to have cloud platforms experience in AWS/Azure/GCP and working in hybrid environments.