Job Title: Senior Business Risk & Compliance Advisor
Location: 100% Remote
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring a Project Manager to join one of our bank clients. This individual will act as a risk advisor supporting one of the following lines of business: Consumer Bank, Commercial Bank, including Broker/Dealer lines of business as well as Enterprise Digital, Payments and Technology or Operations & Services. The selected candidate will possess the following skills:
- Assists assigned line of business with the identification, measurement, and management of risk
- Development and implement sustainable controls
- Develop and maintain effective risk management policies and programs, reporting, training and testing
- Provides risk, control and compliance advice on current and emerging risks impacting assigned line(s) of business
- Promote accountability for the awareness and management of risk
- Coordinate the management and escalation of issues
- Engage and consult with corporate risk management partners across risk disciplines to develop and implement consistent risk management standards and processes across the enterprise.
- Prepare quarterly risk profile – executive summary of applicable risk categories and ratings
- Assist LOBs with finding identification and remediation
- Complete periodic risk assessments on behalf of the LOB’s they support (3rd party management, new business initiatives / products, banking regulation compliance)
- Support internal audit and regulatory exams
- Prior experience as an auditor / bank examiner / or prior risk management program involvement
- Understand how to identify, measure and manage risks.
- Outstanding communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong questioning skills – need to be able to dig for details
- Prior experience in any one of the following:
- Enterprise digital (commercial clients)
- Consumer product management (cards)
- Enterprise payments (commercial TM)
- Commercial Bank – Technology
- CPA OR compliance certificate OR risk management certification
- FINRA license
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.