IT Business Systems Analyst responsibilities include –
- Conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design for large Enterprise projects.
- The Business Systems Analyst will work with business and technology leadership teams to define and document the overall system flow of projects. This will include a high degree of interaction with business units to understand the functional needs of the users of the system as well as the various technology teams, both within and outside of FRB, which are responsible for integration point.
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
- Draw out, analyze, validate, and manage requirements, flows and deliverables for projects.
- Act as a liaison between technical development, business users and vendors.
- Contribute to overall system design.
- Evaluate current processes and procedures to ensure relevance and accuracy. Make recommendations for changes and keep documentation current.
- Work with business and technology to understand requirements and help to translate them into actionable IT tasks.
- Working closely with the IT team to deliver requirements.
- Building critical working relationships with the business and users.
- Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators.
Technical skills/ competency
- 5+ years of proven working experience as a business systems analyst, IT systems analyst or business data analyst.
- Strong Analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings with Flowcharts and presentation decks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills e.g., the ability to facilitate group discussions.
- Able to rapidly acquire a sound high-level understanding of new business and technical domains.
- Fair understanding of Data Modelling techniques
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Experience in defining Data Quality and be able to identify/troubleshoot data issues
Nice to have, but not required
- Have worked on setting up a Global Preference Center
- Understand Data life cycle and aware of Data classification, tagging and catalog.
- Have good knowledge of Data Governance and compliance.