Job Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH / Remote
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking an Cloud Security Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our clients in Columbus, Ohio. This position is a Cloud Security Engineer who will be expected to help guide the implementation, configuration, and monitoring of cloud-native security solutions for the client. A Cloud Security Engineer implements technology solutions that enforce security policies and best practices to safeguard data and infrastructure from internal and external threats. The person in this role should possess knowledge of methodologies and best practices for developing and maintaining a CASB solution. The ideal candidate has outstanding analytical skills, the ability to perform root cause analysis, creativity, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Design, develop and recommend solutions that ensure the security of data in cloud services
- Support integration of cloud-native tools with existing on-premises solutions to enhance visibility of user activity across cloud services
- Partner with Security Architecture in the design process to formulate security design patterns
- Responsible for administering and supporting security configuration of the enterprise CASB solution
- Build, integrate and tune cloud-specific solutions in alignment with enterprise strategy and vision
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement security policies in cloud-native tools
- Provide second and third tier support for troubleshooting production issues. Perform root cause analysis and implement sustainable fixes
- Provide support for completing security control audits
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the performance, stability, and efficiency of cloud security solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with networking components (routers, switches, load balancers, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of security methodologies and best practices
- Experience with administering CASB solutions
- Knowledge of firewalls, proxies, and web servers
- Experience in automation and scripting of applications and systems
- Experience in anomaly detection (signature / behavioral)
- Experience with event and log correlation
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.