Job Title: COBOL Developer
Location: Columbus, OH – working remote
Duration: 6-9 months
Our banking client is seeking experienced mainframe developers with COBOL specific experience. to join their team for long term project work.
- Modify existing software/application programs, which are typically more complex in nature, or write new programs to support user and management needs.
- Consult with users to design, modify, and explain program changes or to provide technical support.
- Resolve problems which occur in production systems.
- Work closely with other IT teams, business, product, and testers when doing project work.
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of Programmer/Analyst experience with working on projects and supporting mainframe applications.
- Knowledge and experience with COBOL, CICS, DB2
- Minimum 5 years of Programmer/Analyst experience with working on projects and supporting mainframe applications.
- Ability to perform Developer activities on projects including design, coding, testing and staying on schedule.
- Must be able to work independently on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to dig into current code and make the required changes necessary if something needs fixed or enhanced.
- Use Service Now for implementation of changes.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task between projects.
- Must be detail oriented all around from writing design documents to unit testing and validating.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, bring others together to discuss topic or to work through issues.
- Understanding of Project Life Cycle phases.
- Able to stay ahead of schedule and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of payment applications a plus.
- Working knowledge of Service Now is a plus.
- Knowledge of Easytrieve a plus.
- Able to work well together as a team and share responsibilities when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, ex: Word, Access, Visio, Excel.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.