Job Title: Core Platform Delivery – Systems Administrator I (Entry-level)
Location: Candidate will be remote but MUST be within reasonable distance to a client location in case in person presence is necessary
Duration: Through 12/31/2020 or end of project if occurs prior to end of year.
Our banking client is seeking an entry-level Systems Administrator I for an excellent contract opportunity. The entry-level Admin will be part of a Banking Core Platform Delivery team and focused on new servers builds, SQL, IIS installs, and some minor application configuration settings. Tasks will also include some standard Windows Server security patching, vulnerability remediations and post change validation via monitoring tools and automated
Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Trains personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Server Administration
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
- Info Sec, SQL or Web administration skills
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.