Job Title: Senior Data Analysis and Core Conversion Consultant
Location: San Francisco (Remote)
Duration: 12 months
Heitmeyer is seeking a data heavy, core conversion guru to join a highly collaborative team for its prestigious banking client. The client is converting its core banking platform from TotalPlus (Fiserv) to IBS (FIS). This change is taking place after more than 20 years being on TotalPlus. The program, which is expected to go until end of August of 2021, has already begun the planning, analysis, and development activities and is structured into several individual teams each covering their respective areas like Teller, Consumer Deposits, Statements, Online Banking, Loan Services, Technology Integration, Enterprise Data etc.
Reporting directly to the Chief Data Officer, this individual will lead the data migration efforts from the bank’s old core system to its new system. He/She will be representing the Data workstream, which is organized into 5 sub-streams: Data Mapping, Client Data Management, Transactions Data, Data Quality, and Reporting. The right person can work remotely from any location in the US with possible travel once a month to San Francisco once the bank opens on-site.
- Ensure enterprise data assets like Data Lake, Master Data Management, Enterprise Data Marts, Business Intelligence & Reporting, Enterprise Data Applications/Services etc. are going to function well post conversion
- Help downstream data consumers of client’s Data Lake and Data Marts, mapping the new BIC models into their respective areas
- Define, communicate, and promote cross-data layer strategy and management of all data work stream activities
- Aggregate client-led data activities, proactively solve for data gaps and provide guidance and oversight for enterprise data consumers impacted by these changes
- Proactively reach out to individual data workstream leads/SMEs, facilitate dialogue/cadence to identify potential roadblocks and possible workarounds/mitigative actions
- Develop an escalation path to help combined teams to be transparent about the progress and move forward quickly without breaking good working relationships
- Identify reusable set of data sources and interfaces an encourage adoption e.g. certified data sources, normalized transaction codes, branch codes etc.
- Document dependencies, decision points, risks and issues related to ongoing migration
- Track progress of migration for each of the data workstreams, quantify the efforts and progress remaining and build dashboards to visually represent the status and trend
- Experience with IBS FIS is not required, but a nice-to-have
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.