Heitmeyer is seeking two Data Center Engineers to join our client, a Chicago headquartered financial institution, to help them run and lead their two largest data centers and work on various projects for the data center. These roles will be based onsite due to the physical nature of the work in the following locations: Naperville, IL and Rochelle, IL.
The roles involve both hands-on and leading components to deliver the work. Key responsibilities include being the point person leading the technical capabilities for the data center, collaborating with stakeholders across the technology organization for projects, building and deploying solutions and timelines supporting through the full project lifecycle, and working with vendors. Additionally, these individuals will need to have a general understanding of all components to operating a large Data Center, with strong technical expertise in physical data center infrastructure, cabling, racking, stacking and current on the latest trends in fiber technology.
- 5+ years of experience with physical data center infrastructure
- Cabling / cable design
- Fiber Technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds when needed
- ServiceNow experience
- Leadership experience and drive
- Project management – solutioning and building timelines
- Understanding of network/systems engineering, server configuration/support
- General understanding of power, cooling, and engineering behind the Data Center
The successful candidate will also be able to work occasional nights and weekends to complete projects and deliver the work.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.