Job Title: Data Engineer – REMOTE
Location: Phoenix, AZ or Providence, RI or Remote
Duration: Contract (6+ months)
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our clients. This person will work on an ongoing project focused on platform modernization.
- Will analyze, propose, and develop ETL solutions, in adherence with the client’s standards.
- Will be required to work with analysts to gather requirements, write technical design documents, test, debug, and help implement ETL jobs.
- Will work within Change Data Capture Methods to test batch-based extractions for application transition.
- Will show drive and interest in learning new systems, applications, and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience working with and inside of mainframe data structures.
- Banking Experience
- Able to exhibit an understanding of Data integration, Data Quality, and data architecture.
- Experience in analysis due to changes or issues.
- Knowledge of C/C++ databases and desire to learn scripting languages.
- A background in design and implementation of ETL/ELT framework for complex data warehouses.
- Knowledge of large data sets and experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on development, with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.