Job Title: Data Protection Engineer
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Data Protection Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our financial services clients. The selected candidate will independently perform Data Protection engineering activities of building, configuring, troubleshooting, integrating and administrating Data protection technologies aligned to one of the Data Protection sub-domains (Data in Transit, Data at Rest, Cryptographic Services, and Strategy & Governance) and will support one or more of the following core technologies or services related to Data Loss Prevention (DLP), DLP Investigations, Secure Data Transmission, Key Management, Certificate Management, Encryption, Data Discovery, Data Inventory, Tokenization, Cloud Accessible Security Broker (CASB), Security Metrics/Reporting, and line of business consultation and governance.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Information Security Engineering or related field
- Intermediate programming skills (read/interpret scripts, write basic scripts) with the following languages: Python, PowerShell, Java, Java Script, SQL or equivalent
- Direct hands-on experience within Cyber Security organization supporting related technologies or services
- Computer Science, MIS, IT Communication Systems/Networking or STEM discipline focus
- CompTIA Network+, A+, Server+ or equivalent; ITIL Fundamentals; Security +; Cisco’s CCNA; Microsoft MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- Experienced proficiency with troubleshooting moderately complex IT infrastructure/Server/Networking issues
- Experienced proficiency with technical system maintenance (Patch management, configuration management, design documentation management)
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.