Job Title: Db2 DBA Mainframe Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 4/1/2021 – 12/31/2021
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a mainframe Engineer for a long-term contract with one of our large banking clients. Db2 DBA mainframe engineer candidate must have Parallel Sysplex experience designing, maintaining and supporting the major application subsystems running on z/OS. Must possess 7+ years of previous experience as a Db2 DBA mainframe engineer, supporting Application Database Administration Services for Db2 on z/OS and provide leadership and training.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of Db2 for z/OS and performance of Db2 for z/OS subsystems across multiple Sysplexes and CECS.
- Provide technical direction and education to programmers, analysts and other DBA associates.
- Prototype the new features, functions and strategies of new application subsystems technology.
- Creating the roadmap, processes, best practices, standards and strategies for continuous improvement of monitoring, performance, resiliency, availability, and scalability of Db2 on system z.
- Provide 24×7 on call support within a team rotation.
- Effective performance tuning and problem determination knowledge
- Assist with overall Vendor Management – work with vendors on problem identification and resolution.
- Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures.
- Assist in implementation of new features and program fixes in databases.
- Assists and maintains the improvement of systems administration-related plans, processes, procedures, standards and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience..
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Db2 for z/OS along with mainframe related tools such as BMC Db2 tools and monitoring tools, IBM DB2 Tools and monitoring tools, SMPE, ISPF, SMS, SMF.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively interface and partner with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain “State of the Art’ knowledge of best practices in systems administration, high availability, metrics and business continuity specifically for DB2 for z/OS.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and assertive while possessing the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a team environment.
- Provides problem resolution support, specific to Db2 on z issues; identifies and resolves systems application problems, coordinates with programming application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem resolution.
- Plans and implements strategies and procedures for physical disaster/recovery and contingency planning.
- Ability to perform database recovery and backup tasks.
- Assists application development and maintenance staff with Db2 on z questions and issues.
- CICS/MQ for z/OS experience desired.
- SQL tuning and optimization experience desired.
- REXX experience desired
- Knowledge of banking industry business processes a plus.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.