Job Title: Desktop Engineer
Location: Riverside, RI, can work 100% remotely, need to be available to work during EST hours.
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Desktop Engineer for our client in the financial services industry. This person will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of application deployment and operational processes. This is a contract opportunity.
- Oversees projects / products from inception to successful delivery.
- Participate in cross functional collaboration, analysis, architecture, design, and implementation to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Assist client’s locations with transitioning desktop applications from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Transition technical environment for deploying desktop applications from .Net VB Script to an SCCM and PowerShell solution.
- Resolve high priority business driven problems.
- Communicates concepts, costs/benefit, risks/management, and options that the audience will understand and endorse.
- Ensures a holistic approach to problem resolution and improvements that considers all areas of products and services.
- Provides technical leadership and responsibility for technical excellence on all projects/initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices. Architecture design and modeling capabilities.
- Solid experience with a variety of technologies/approaches including SCCM, PowerShell, packaged applications, multi-platforms applications.
- Understanding of a wide variety of technologies such as ability to read VB Script
- Ability to apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels.
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense high-tech environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong command of the English language written and oral. Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts, from technical staff to management.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline – preferred. 5+ years’ experience in application deployment process.
- Experience deploying applications using SCCM and other application deployment technologies.
- Knowledge of .Net based frameworks important for requirements gathering and understanding of immediate task.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.