Job Title: Director Process and Controls
Location: Hybrid in the Richmond, VA
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring a Director – Process and Controls to join one of our bank clients. This individual will be responsible for key risk management and continuous improvement activities in Bank Operations. The ideal candidate will have exceptional knowledge in Bank Operations processing and understanding of the regulatory environment impacting operational processes in Deposit & Treasury Management Services, Payment Operations, Loan Operations, and Records Management.
The selected candidate will possess the following skills:
- Oversees the bank’s compliance with HMDA and CRA reporting
- Leads portfolio of process optimization focused initiatives
- Oversees the quality control program to identify and mitigate key process and regulatory risks. Ensure use of quantitative and qualitative data to measure outcomes.
- Develops management reporting for the Bank Operations quality control program
- Collaborates with Bank Operations leadership and first line of defense risk manager to develop plans to address risks and/or risk themes, and report on outcomes.
- Serves as a key liaison and works with cross functional leaders including business lines, legal, risk, compliance, and audit. Proactively collaborates with leaders across the organization to learn about new risks, capitalize on new opportunities, remove roadblocks, and ensure effective execution to meet all KPIs.
- Directs the management of enterprise level records activities to ensure compliance with regulatory and bank policy retention and disposition requirements. Promotes effective records management at an enterprise level.
- Develops high performing and engaged teams by understanding and facilitating team dynamics, driving engagement, recognizing and developing talent, recommending areas for improvement, and ensuring consistency in thoughts and actions. Exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor's Degree – business, finance, or other analytical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance, operational risk or risk management
- 7+ years of experience in operational excellence, continuous improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, project management
- Familiar with Federal Reserve, CFPB, Nacha and other regulatory agency guidance, rules and examination processes. Deep knowledge in Deposit, Lending, and Payment regulations
- Prior roles in operational leadership, operations consulting, or operational support
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Industry applicable compliance certification (i.e., CRCM, CCOS) preferred at onboarding. Certification required within 12 months of hire
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Business Process Management (BPM), or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.