Job Title: Disbursements/ Withholding Tax Specialist
Location: Onsite in Atlanta, Georgia
Duration: 4 months
Heitmeyer Consulting's client has a need for a clerical resource to be responsible responsible for assisting the Pension/Disbursements department with daily processes inclusive of check printing/handling. This position is for on-site employees only. Whereas there could be some remote work, most tasks will require presence in the office.
- Assists in handling of daily checks produced by our team (this is inclusive of reconciling and special handling)
- Daily reconciliation and review of accounts
- Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors.
- Adheres to our production schedule and time-sensitive deadlines
- Researches and resolves discrepancies or issues that may arise
- Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve processing problems in a timely manner and meet service levels and other standards for the job.
- May identify new tools, technology, or processes that improve the overall processing environment or processing efficiency.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferable; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Requires up to three years of experience in computer operations and operations problem-solving experience
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Knowledge of client’s objectives and business priorities and our role in achieving them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to trouble-shoot issues and seek solutions
- Background in banking/operations
- Skill in solving client business problems
- Ability to be a true team-player
- Ability to work effectively with multiple operational/client contacts
- Ability to take proactive steps to better client relationships
- Ability to show concern for the needs, feelings, and issues of the client
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
- M-F 8:30AM – 5PM
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.