The Fraud Support Agent is responsible for inbound and outbound communication with customers who have submitted fraud claims to the bank and its related subsidiaries. He or she will coordinate with other lines of business to mitigate continued fraud risk on exposed accounts and relationships based on the level of fraud exposure present. Other related duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor – Fraud Customer Support.
- Answer calls or emails customers to learn about and address their fraud related issues.
- Conduct customer outreach to provide status and obtain additional information for fraud investigations as needed.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Resolve conflicts, de-escalate tense situations, and manage customer expectations.
- Use standard screens, scripts and procedures to handle callers’ needs effectively and when necessary go beyond these standard methods to resolve customer fraud issues.
- Obtain customer details sufficient to clearly identify and coordinate appropriate actions based on the level of immediate and future fraud exposure to customers and the bank.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed call center metrics while providing excellent and consistent customer service.
- Attend training seminars as deemed necessary at the direction of the Supervisor – Fraud Customer Support.
- Assist with other duties that may be assigned within the Enterprise Risk Management area.
- This position reports to the Supervisor – Fraud Customer Support
- Supervision of Others – No
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in Criminal Justice, Business or a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of one year of customer interaction or customer support experience required.
- Banking, business, regulatory compliance, or criminal justice related experience is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with management with tact and diplomacy while achieving stated objectives
- Proficient written, oral, data analytics and interpersonal skills with ability to prepare technical presentations.
- Proficient PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.