Job Title: Hadoop Administrator
Our banking client is seeking a senior Hadoop Administrator. You will lead the administration and maintenance of Hadoop and open source tools. You will also play an important role in setup, capacity planning, monitoring and performance tuning for Hadoop & Open Source infrastructure. You will also be responsible for upgrades and patching of the environment. The administrator will need to have an in-depth knowledge of Hadoop administration, installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of Hadoop services.
The administrator should have strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce and data ingestion concepts.
- Provide administration & support for Hadoop Cluster
- Perform troubleshooting of Hadoop ecosystem services issues, performance analysis, ensuring security, developing and testing Unix Shell scripts, scripting in Perl, Java and coding required for Hadoop administration and associated core Hadoop ecosystem.
- Provide user onboarding of Hadoop users & support of day to day tasks
- Troubleshoot & solve job failures triggering from mapreduce, sparkR, R & sqoop ingestion jobs
- Monitor Hadoop cluster job performances and perform capacity planning
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Min 5 years of experience with Hadoop Administration required of which at least 2 years in Hortonworks Hadoop is mandatory
- HDP 3.1.5 Installation and experience is mandatory
- Experience in setting up and configuring hadoop clusters, set up of kerberos, backups and High availability is required
- 4 years of experience with development of common ingestion framework, hive structure creation, compression, encryption steps
- 4 years of experience with Unix Shell scripting, Perl
- 3 years of experience with tools like Nifi , HBase, Spark, pig, storm, flume
- 3 years of experience with Hive which includes creation of schema structures, partitioning & performance tuning
- 3 years of experience with python, R or spark programming
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux environment and ability to program in UNIX or other high-level programming languages is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communications skills
- 2 years of experience with Linux Administration
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.