Hogan Developer – Deposits
Contract to Hire
Columbus, OH 100% remote
My banking client is looking for a mainframe developer with Hogan deposits experience to join their team! Ideal candidates thrive in a fast paced, complex environment and have extensive experience working with Hogan Deposits mainframe.
- Modify existing software/application programs, which are typically more complex in nature, or write new programs to support user and management needs.
- Consult with users to design, modify, and explain program changes or to provide technical support.
- Resolve problems which occur in production systems.
- Work closely with other IT teams, business, product, and testers when doing project work.
- Write technical design documents, develop solutions, test, debug, and implement projects.
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- 5 years of Programmer/Analyst experience supporting mainframe applications.
- Experience maintaining both online and batch processing components
- Knowledge and experience with HOGAN Deposits
- Easytrieve or an equivalent reporting tool
- JCL experience with Procedures, Includes, Symbolics, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of Programmer/Analyst experience with working on projects and supporting mainframe applications.
- Ability to perform Developer activities on projects including design, coding, testing and staying on schedule.
- Must be able to work independently on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to dig into current code and make the required changes necessary if something needs fixed or enhanced.
- Use Service Now for implementation of changes.
- Financial Services or banking experience required
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task between projects.
- Must be detail oriented all around from writing design documents to unit testing and validating.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, bring others together to discuss topic or to work through issues.
- Understanding of Project Life Cycle phases.
- Able to stay ahead of schedule and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of payment applications a plus.
- Working knowledge of Service Now is a plus.
- Able to work well together as a team and share responsibilities when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, ex: Word, Access, Visio, Excel.