Job Title: Implementation-Conversion Analyst
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Duration: 6 months with potential to extend/convert per business need
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking an Implementation Conversion Analyst for a major migration effort for our client. This resource:
- Examines data files, processes, forms, reports and operational needs of customers and completes data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis of the conversion to client's system.
- Validates the accuracy of all data and transactions.
- Determines customer specific processing parameters and completes financial system set up for client use. Trains clients on the use of client's financial systems and provides support during conversion.
- Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how systems must be established to meet client needs.
- Completes product workflow documents summarizing all processing requirements and determines key challenges in converting customer to client's systems.
- Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
- Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. The data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients, and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion.
- Refines mapping through iterative validation.
- As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs, shares with customer reports and application specific data that reflects how conversion data will be processed.
- Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements.
- Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
- Examines client’s processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs, and documents what the software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
- May develop new procedures with client to ensure software is used appropriately.
- Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to client's balancing.
- Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
- Customizes software through the use of authoring tools to meet individual customer needs – modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
- Throughout the project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide the client in the use of the system.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week.
- Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors) with the customer and obtains client sign-off.
- Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes, and balancing adjustments.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires advanced working knowledge of financial systems as well as the industries in which the client competes for business
- Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
- Requires high attention to detail
- Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Individual is flexible enough to learn new concepts, methods, and technology as developed for private and/or professional uses
- 1 to 3 years implementation and/or conversion experience
- Debit, credit or prepaid industry knowledge
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.