Job Title: Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: Through End of 2021
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking an Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer to provide engineering support for one of our large bank clients. The initial engagement is through the end of 2021.
- Design, build and manage enterprise monitoring tools and solutions from various vendors.
- Design, build and manage tool integrations.
- Design, build and manage enterprise coverage or both infrastructure and applications.
- Work directly with platform engineers, application owners, architecture, and management to understand requirements and develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- 5 years experience in installing, configuring and supporting monitoring solutions on an enterprise scale.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely.
- Experience with Zenoss, Solarwinds, Openview, or other enterprise monitoring solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Administration, configuration, and tuning of Web Servers, App Servers, Database Servers, and Appliance Servers (Load Balancers, SSO, DataPower, etc).
- Demonstrated proficiency with UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience managing Hypervisors (ESX, Hyper-V, Xen).
- Experience managing Microsoft platforms (WMI and/or WinRM, Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, IIS, SQL Server).
- Experience profiling Web services and transactions (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON, etc).
- Experience with Dynatrace APM Suite, AppDynamics, Service Now, Splunk, or other enterprise event management and application monitoring solutions.
- Previous Financial Services experience or knowledge.
- Proficiency in networking technologies, configurations, and concepts.
- Scripting experience (python, bash, powershell, perl, etc.).
- Strong multitasking skills.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.