Job Title: Technology Program Manager
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Downtown, Phoenix
Our client is looking to grow their team and is looking for an IT delivery manager / Program Manager Lead. This is a hands-on leadership role leading a team of Project Managers. The individual in this role will assist with the planning and coordinating of projects, strategies and activities related to IT; develop materials and content to drive alignment to proposed strategies with key stakeholders; design and align communication and change management materials in support of technology initiatives and IT leader needs. Coordinate technical delivery of Enterprise PMO and Technology Initiatives. Actively manage IT initiatives.
This position provides an opportunity to partner with multiple members of the IT Effectiveness team and leaders across the IT organization to help position the division for success. This Role will partner closely with and take work direction from other senior members of the IT Effectiveness team in areas of strategy, goal setting, change management and communication across the IT organization.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Manage a small group of Technical Delivery resources.
- Drive, organize and assist in the delivery for a collection of various project teams that span the wide range of technologies that complement each other to deliver on agreed stakeholder expectations.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with business experts and technology teams.
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information.
- An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
- Understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop others.
- Drive decision making. Identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations.
- Anticipate when architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
- Identify and balance risks and rewards to meet objectives.
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Communicates architectural solutions to IT senior leaders and other critical stakeholders throughout the architecture planning and design process.
- Leveraging a strategy deployment methodology, plan and execute activities required to support an organizational strategy aligned to enterprise goals. Develop materials and content to drive alignment to proposed strategies with key stakeholders.
- Support coordination across division on goal-setting and annual planning and tracking.
- Coordinate change management activities to ensure there is organizational alignment to strategies that may include:
- Stakeholder identification and change impact assessments
- Adoption metrics and problem solving to address adoption issues
- Provide oversight to change management strategies & tactics and communication planning & execution that drive the delivery of timely and relevant communication. Collaborate with communication team for field and other non-IT corporate audiences as necessary.
- Provide support for divisional activities including IT Town Halls, IT Leader Forums and other events to support continued transformation of IT culture and ways of working.
- Provide support and oversight to projects of high divisional importance (e.g. Continuous Improvement efforts, Strategic Planning and execution, etc) by developing project plans (objectives, responsibilities, timelines) and driving progress toward deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in ambiguity, juggling multiple projects at once, operating strategically and very tactically, and is effective communicating with all levels of the organization.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT required, preferred advance degree in Information Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Project Manager.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Experience with Financial Technology in a banking / financial environment.
- Problem solving abilities, with the ability to “think outside the box” to devise operational solutions to complex technical problems.
- A self-starter able to administer a number of open, ongoing assignments at any one time, where some assignments are routinely unstructured, requiring autonomy and independent judgment.
- In-depth experience successfully harmonizing diverse and competing interests.
- Ability to clearly articulate a position with sound logic, supporting empirical evidence, and impartiality.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level experience with Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.