Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Location: Downtown, Phoenix
Duration: ??Direct Hire
Our client, a growing bank in Phoenix is looking for a IT Operations Manager. As a leader in the Network Operations Center, you will be responsible for leading a team IT Operations Technicians in a 24/7/365 real-time monitoring & surveillance environment. The IT Operations Center Manager is a vital position responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the staff and infrastructure that supports the bank. This individual will manage a large team of IT Technicians that are responsible for providing a consistent, high-performing level of service to the bank and their services. The IT Operations Manager will need to exhibit strong leadership and technical traits that provide constant communication, allowing for a continuous feedback to and from the IT Operations Team. Service Availability and operational excellence need to be top of mind while engaging with the team.
- Promote banks culture of employee empowerment, continuous learning, customer advocacy and operational efficiencies in a global setting leading the IT Operation teams.
- Manage a team of support technicians ensuring network reliability, batch jobs, applications, network and service availability, and compliance with customer service agreements
- Create, manage, and facilitate professional development of direct reports and individual contributors
- Developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas to remove barriers that hinder the team’s overall performance
- Ensure the team is adhering to Incident Management, Problem Management, Monitoring Response, and Reporting/Metrics best practices
- Ensure the oversight, organization, and motivation of all the team members of the IT Operations.
- Provide tactical operational service support and escalation for the IT Operations Team and its customers.
- Lead by example, challenge functional status quo, manage and develop processes to document customer issues and leverage trends and impact analyses in the overall service enhancement.
- Manage all technical and operations aspects for the global response of the IT Operation Centers
- 24/7 responsibility for service and network availability
- Build, develop, and lead remote and onsite team of technical IT Operations resources
- Ensure processes and resources are aligned towards achieving committed SLAs and KPIs
- Proactive communication on network health, impacts, executive escalations, and other critical analysis to Management and key stakeholders
- Lead recovery team for network outages and ensure team timelines are created for postmortem activity and participation
- Lead, supervise, and manage a team of highly skilled individuals who look after the day-to-day operations of all network services within Intelsat
- Provide high level technical support for all advanced network services.
- Utilize reports to gain performance of the network and performance of staff
- Provide executive level reporting to inform decision making
- Act as the liaison between the technical team and internal customers such as Engineering, Development, ITSM, etc.
- Investigate methods and procedures to better monitor our network and respond to issues
- Provide informal training to IT Operations staff as well as other technical departments
- Develop and enhance staff technical and leadership skills
- Other duties, as assigned
- Assist with budget forecasting, financial forecasts relating to Network Operations
- Assist with identification of process gaps and automation opportunities.
- Align resource support to operational readiness on new and emerging technologies.
- Drive and manage complex production support issues
- Provide feedback and recommendation for IT Operations Support Systems Tools improvements, regarding process flows, event management and correlation
- Participate with project management personnel to ensure designs interface correctly with existing configuration and that adequate system equipment exists for future needs
- BS in Computer Science, Information Assurance (or) Higher with a minimum of 5 years Network Operations experience or minimum of 8 years Network Operations experience.
- Knowledge of network management platforms including but not limited to: SolarWinds, and ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience managing 3rd party providers
- Experience ITIL Management Suites such as Service-Now or Remedy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership skills including ability to communicate appropriate detail to all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote teams in multiple time-zones.
- Strong analytical skills, proven functional and technical analysis skills, professional client interaction.
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved, along with discipline and tenacity to meet deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced with aggressive deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work extended hours as required, including overnight and weekend hours as needed
- Ability to support on-call, as needed
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.