Job Title: Lead Java Developer – REMOTE
Location: Columbus, OH
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Lead Java Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our financial services clients in Columbus, Ohio(fully remote). The candidate will work in the development team that builds and supports consumer payment origination and processing. The application is highly available and handles high volume payment origination, processing, and settlement capabilities for customer and colleague facing applications.
- Ensure that assigned deliverables are planned and completed. For example, planning/scope estimates, detailed design, development, unit testing, defect fixes, implementation planning/execution, change controls, and production support/incident resolution.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of other developers and testers on the team.
- Research and facilitate the monitoring, high availability and support methodology for the production environment
- Produce technical detail level designs that aligns with the overall architectural roadmap for the application platform.
- 7+ years of hands-on development using Java J2EE technologies that provide web services, and incoming/outgoing file processing.
- 7 years of hands on IBM Integration Bus (IIB) development and support.
- Payments/payment processing background in 1 or more of the following: Wires, ACH, Zelle, TCH RTP or Bill Payments.
- 5+ years using Spring Boot, IBM WebSphere/MQ/DB2/SQL Server (or other relational database)/FTM and Unix/Linux commands.
- Hands-on experience with GIT, Maven, Jenkins, JSON & SOAP xml
- Excellent technical leadership skills and ability to mentor other developers, testers and analysts.
- Experience with Payment Engines, Payment Hubs, or IBM FTM (Financial Transaction Manager) is a definite plus.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.