Job Title: Jr. Product Manager
Location: Work from Home (Plano, TX)
Duration: 1 year
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Jr. Product Manager for our client. The Product Owner is a key member of the agile team and works with Product Managers to provide a clear tactical vision of the product that will be built. They focus on the end-user experience, and maintain clarity and focus for the team building the product so that they can deliver. The Product Owner is the business representative of the customer on the Agile team.
- Clearly express and prioritize the product backlog items to best achieve goals.
- Optimizes and organizes what the Scrum team should be working on.
- Leads backlog grooming sessions and ensures the backlog is visible and clear to the team.
- Documents new features and story details. Works with UX on mockups and design.
- Defines and launches minimum viable products, adding key features/requirements incrementally.
- Troubleshoots issues with the appropriate team members.
- Leads agile development teams and standups.
- Understands and has experience operating in an Agile framework.
- Reviews Functional Requirements and Business Requirements to ensure the development team understands expectations.
- Approves user stories before they enter development.
- Maintains and enhances current products
- Focuses on end-user experience and features that drive the roadmap.
- Manages short release cycles to continuously deliver product feature.
- Translates Product Manager’s strategy into actionable tasks and works with cross-functional agile teams to make sure that they are executing on those requirements.
- Possesses strong communication and relationship building skills to establish strong cross-functional relationships with IT, Marketing, UX, etc…to help build, release and monitor product features.
- Partners closely with Product Managers on product strategy and breaking down the roadmap into features and user stories.
- Works with the appropriate team members to gather requirements.
- Measures business impact and uses data to drive enhancement recommendations
- Two or more years in Product Management, Business Analysis, or Information Technology
- Strong soft skills
- 1-3 years of Product Owner experience
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Works independently and is self-motivated, capable of executing under uncertainty with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.