Title: Junior Underwriter
Our banking client is seeking a Junior Underwriter to underwrite consumer loans secured by Vehicles and Unsecured lending products such as consumer credit cards.
This person will underwriter the following consumer transactions: credit card only applications, vehicle consumer dealer purchase and pre-approved applications, credit limit increase/rate reduction requests, and vehicle refinances and P2P transactions. The key responsibilities related to those will be to render a judgmental decision based on loan policy and analysis of applications submitted by consumers and the bank’s partners, review customer/member’s financial needs, structure the most beneficial loan for both the bank and its member and seek guidance from team leaders to resolve or identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- High school diploma or GED required with some college work or degree desired.
- 12 months of Underwriting experience.
- Must have experience in auto loans
- Financial Services experience (Bank, Credit Union, or Dealership).
- Must be able to understand and analyze credit reports (i.e. debt to income ratios, documentation)
- Ability to maintain an error rate of 4 procedural or 1 loan policy or less per quarter.
- Capable of verifying completeness and accuracy of credit application.
- Request and review documents to support credit decision (verification of income, tax returns, and additional supporting documentation, etc.)
- May be required to finalize the loan structure (Dealer purchase or Dealer Pre-Approval document set-up)
- May be required to close loans and sets-up documents for processing (if all required documents are received).
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with Lead Underwriters or Underwriting Supervisor/Manager to recommend policy exceptions as well as communicate credit decision/loan requirements to the borrower/ partners via email / inbound/outbound phone call.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.