Is insurance your expertise and does it FLOOD right out of you into your work? Then we need your Flood insurance expertise for this awesome remote role for a bank in the Midwest!
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring for a Flood Loan Operations Specialist for a bank in the Midwest. Qualified candidates must have experience with insurance, specifically flood insurance as well as experience with either consumer/mortgage and commercial loans and how flood insurance impacts them. This person will partner with the Loan Operations Compliance SME and will also act as a Flood Insurance SME for their newer employees who are currently training on flood insurance specifics themselves.
Responsibilities/What to Expect
- This bank lost a lot of experience in insurance specifically in the flood insurance area so this resource will be assisting with the daily processing in insurance and flood.
- You will be partnering with internal teams and third parties to help work with the hazard and flood insurance on the bank side.
- You will be assisting in ensuring the bank is listed as the loss payee on insurance policies and updating them if they’re not. Also, would enter loss payee information in the system for tracking purposes as well as if a customer changes carriers or made any other policy changes.
- Fill out flood insurance worksheets so the bank doesn’t over require insurance, but instead ensures they have sufficient coverage
- Help them with the day-to-day responsibilities and act as a SME to the team, who is mostly comprised of new folks in the loan ops area.
- Able to work through the system to research things for the team, work on the worksheets and work with their loan operations SME from a compliance standpoint.
- 3+ years of insurance background, specifically in flood insurance
- 3+ years knowledge of loans (consumer, commercial, mortgage) and has hands on experience working with flood insurance as it pertains to those loans
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with using basic computer applications, IE Microsoft Office Suite and can pick up and learn the bank’s internal systems relatively easily.
Nice to Have Skills
- Can clearly articulate complex issues via writing that are easy for anyone to understand. Specifically, something like why a specific property needs flood coverage vs why another in a similar area wouldn’t.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.