Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring a Mainframe Developer position for a bank in the Midwest, that will primarily be responsible for upgrading ACH/EDI/Bill Pay/Check Fraud/ HM Settlement and Wealth applications from COBOL 4 to Cobol 6. The ideal candidate would possess strong mainframe skills, understand JCL, JCL PROCs and compile modules under COBOL 6 and make sure they compile clean. This person would also need to compare the COBOL 4 and Cobol 6 outputs. Having knowledge of Librarian (Source Control System) and working within an agile environment would be a nice to have skill. This candidate would also need to have a thorough understanding of banking and COBOL 6 experience. Since this position will be remote candidates must possess strong communication skills.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- 5 Years experience COBOL, MVS/JCL,TSO,CICS experience
- COBOL 6 experience and compiling modules.
- Knowledge of JCL and JCL PROCs
- Strong Mainframe Skills
- Experience with Sort Utility Software (i.e. DFSORT,SYNCSORT)
- DB2 Experience
- Experience with Scheduling, File Manager, File Transfer and Debug Software.
- Experience performing application upgrading, especially from COBOL 4 to COBOL 6
- Knowledge of Librarian (Source Control System)
- MQ Series
- Experience in Agile Environment
- Experience in Banking/Financial Services
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.