Job Title: SystemS Mainframe Engineer
Heitmeyer Consulting is looking for a Systems Mainframe Engineer with Parallel Sysplex experience installing, maintaining and supporting the major application subsystems running on z/OS. We're looking for someone with 7+ years of experience as a Systems Mainframe Engineer installing application subsystems, CICS, MQ on z/OS for a contract-to-hire opportunity with a growing Bank.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of CICS for z/OS and/or MQ for z/OS subsystems across multiple Sysplexes and CECS.
- Provide technical direction and education to programmers, analysts and technical support associates.
- Prototypes the new features, functions and strategies of new application subsystems technology.
- Capable of creating the roadmap, processes, best practices, standards and strategies for continuous improvement of monitoring, performance, resiliency, availability, and scalability of CICS and MQ on system z.
- Effective workload balance tuning and performance knowledge
- Provides 24×7 oncall support within a team rotation
- Plans and implements strategies and procedures for physical disaster/recovery and contingency planning.
- Assists application development and maintenance staff with CICS and MQ on z questions and issues.
- Works with vendors on problem identification and resolution.
- Assists and maintains the improvement of systems administration-related plans, processes, procedures, and standards
- Provides problem resolution support, specific to CICS and MQ on z issues; identifies and resolves systems application problems, coordinates with programming application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge of CICS for z/OS or MQ for z/OS along with mainframe related tools such as BMC Catalog Manager, BMC ChangeManager, BMC Apptune, BMC Mainview, IBM –CICS Interdependency Analyzer, IBM –CICS Performance analyzer, SMPE, ISPF, SMS, SMF
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively interface and partner with all levels of the organization.
- “State of the Art’ knowledge of best practices in systems administration, high availability, metrics and business continuity specifically for CICS for z/OS or MQ for z/OS
- Must be self-motivated and assertive while possessing the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a team environment
- DB2 for z/OS Experience
- CTG experience
- REXX experience
- z/OS Connect
- Knowledge of banking industry
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.