Job Title: Manager – Internal Audit
Location: Ruther Glen, VA, Fredericksburg, VA (Richmond, VA Area)
Heitmeyer Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking for a Manager of Internal Audit role with one of its bank clients on the East Coast.
This role is primarily responsible for managing multiple audits and for performing the micro-level review of audit workpapers. The Manager-Internal Audit will also be assigned individual audits, portions of audits, or specific internal controls to test to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and auditing concepts, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of banking or financial institution rules, regulations and operations.
- Advanced PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal and negotiating skills with ability to prepare and present technical presentations.
- Ability to work in and to lead teams.
- Ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- A willingness to frequently roll-up your sleeves and dig into the work. This is a Manager / Doer role
- Professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.