Job Title: Network Engineer (Run Team)
Location: 100% remote
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring a Network Engineer to join one of our bank clients. This individual will be responsible for helping to set the direction for the day-to-day engineering and technical support of the internal data network infrastructure for over 1350 sites. The selected candidate will possess the following skills:
- Network troubleshooting and support of corporate internal data network.
- Proactively engaged to identify opportunities and implement enhancements of the data network.
- Engage in the implementation and support of infrastructure platforms.
- Provide high level of customer service to internal client base.
- Communicate highly technical solutions to a wide variety of audiences.
- Assist in network security directives and system development.
- Provide periodic / rotational 24 X 7 support
- 3 years' experience working in an enterprise environment with LAN, regional MPLS networks including multiple remote site offices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or technical degree in Computer Science or related technology is acceptable or work experience equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Cisco, HPE, Aruba hardware and software platforms
- Functional knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Functional level knowledge of WAN technologies (Frame Relay, DS-1, DS-3, OC3 through OC-48, SONET, DWDM) as well as dark fiber solutions
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting a large enterprise WAN/LAN production data network
- Functional knowledge of scripting (Perl, Tcl) for configuration management and deployment
- Ability to support 24x7x365 operational and project related assignments
- Familiar with network design and network management best practices
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff
- Detailed knowledge of IP communications
- Experience in the support of multiple Enterprise Data Centers
- Experience deploying and supporting a provider based MPLS network
- Functional knowledge of information security implementation and best practices
- Voice over IP network support experience
- Cisco, HPE or Aruba certifications are a plus
- Experience with basic scripting languages (TCL, Python, etc.)
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.