Are you a detail-oriented individual who loves identifying and correcting mistakes in mortgage documents?
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring for a Post Closer 1 position for a bank in the Midwest. They will review completed mortgage loan packages and fix all errors and mark a file as complete so that it is deemed ready for sale on the secondary market.
Location: On site in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Handling Analyze defects identified in the closing package, determine if there are any related or additional issues, and remediate according to documented procedures, utilizing internal and external resources and accurately notate actions in Mortgage Loan Origination system
- Validate and audit final documents according to state, county and investor guidelines as well as the mortgage loan origination and servicing systems.
- Ensure FHA, VA, and Rural Housing mortgage loans are in compliance with investor and /or agency guidelines, including determining AUS findings, underwriting transmittal, credit and collateral are documented accurately throughout the file
- Utilize strong communication skills to deliver an accurate and timely resolution on each file by effectively communicating with internal and external customers and other 3rd parties, ensuring all conditions and regulatory requirements are met.
- Image and deliver retrieved or corrected documents to appropriate departments while utilizing internal tracking software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as well as outside 3rd parties.
- Strong organization, and time management in order to hit deadlines
- Ability to proactively solve problems and work in a fast paced, process centered environment
- Previous mortgage experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of mortgage loans processes pertaining to Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA loans preferred, but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.