Job Title: Application Development- Programmer Analyst Specialist
Location: Orlando, Florida (Remote only during COVID)
Duration: 6 months with potential to extend/convert per business need and performance
Schedule: 8AM – 5PM M-F
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking an Application Development – Programmer Analyst Specialist to support MRSS portal modernization goals for our client.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of financial systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- .NET Framework 4.8
- .NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server 2017+
- Entity Framework
- Application Security
- Common design patterns
- Ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- An eagerness to ask questions, suggest recommendations, and a consistent growth mindset: always looking to learn and improve
- Experience with the development of enterprise-level web applications
- Strong understanding of software methodologies and design patterns
- Ability to identify bad practices and make recommendations for improvements
- Basic knowledge of DevOps, build & release processes, and how to automate
- Desire to understand existing processes, and analyze for efficiencies, optimizations and automation of tasks
- Knowledge of financial services industry or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with many cross-functional teams inside the IT organization along with Technology Services.
- Ability to drive external and internal customer satisfaction.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities effectively and multi-task.
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to continuously learn and enhance skills.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills and manage conflict.
- Ability to govern your time efficiently
- Detail oriented
- Good follow-up skills, keeping others up-to-date with information.
- Hands-on experience in a SDLC
- Exposure to SSL Certificates and Security Vulnerability Remediation projects
- Flexibility to work occasional US day shifts and weekends
- Project Management skills
- Willingness to work production support issues and participate in off-hour releases
- Desire to be on a friendly team that genuinely wants to learn and to help other team members
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelors in IT related field or advanced certification in applicable area
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.