Job Title: Project Manager/Lead
Location: Remote (Richmond, CA)
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is looking for a Project Manager for our client in the financial services industry. This person will be responsible for planning and managing tactical projects that are typically of low to medium level complexity and that impact one or multiple business units.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
- Reviews plans to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements and goals.
- Develops project plans outlining project scope, activities, schedules, deadlines and cost/time estimates.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups.
- Assigns project team members to various project activities.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client organizations as needed to meet project goals.
- Seeks and develops more productive and effective ways to complete assigned tasks. Ensures fit with timeline, architecture and user needs.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post implementation review to identify areas of improvement or that worked well.
- Pursues project management certification or equivalent experience.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years consumer banking experience
- Large scale bank data conversion experience a plus
- Advanced MS Project skills as well as:
- Project plan updating, resource allocation, budget tracking, management reporting
- Diplomatic yet assertive
- Jira experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in project management in financial services or a related industry; OR 3-5 years experience in a client-related field (e.g., business analysis, programming, client server, telecommunications, legal); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Actively pursuing project management certification or has the equivalent experience.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.