Job Title: Sr Project Manager
Heitmeyer Consulting's growing Insurance partner is looking for a Senior Project Manager. This is a long-term contract and the individual can sit remote full-time.
- Primary Project assigned will be in support of an eSignature Project.
- Coordinating and working closely with Project Leadership.
- Secondary Project assignments will occur as needed.
- Candidate should have strong coordination skills across multiple technology teams, internal business units, and vendors is mandatory.
Candidate would be a good fit for this role if they thrive in organizing and uniting teams to deliver.
- Will coordinate all phases of project life cycle, including initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing. Proficient in managing cross-functional work teams.
- Plan and maintain project schedule, with appropriate milestones and dependencies.
- Prepare, track, and analyze project budgets. Proficient in identifying cost variances and making proactive adjustments. Lead and facilitate cost benefit analysis as appropriate.
- Report project health according to schedule, cost, and scope metrics. Evaluate project progress according to established project measures. Capable of presenting information at all levels of the organization.
- Assesses risk at the beginning of the project, including the identification of mitigation strategies. Proactively designs backup plans. Closely monitors risks and leads team responses in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Executive presence and communication skills, facilitation skills and ability to manage work with cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at conflict management and possesses the ability to influence without authority.
- Experience with vendor solution evaluation, onboarding, & implementations.
- Proficient in evaluating project progress, predicting potential schedule delays, and ensuring critical path delivery.
- Proficient in identifying cross project dependencies and constraints.
- Proficient at acquiring organizational resources and taking advantage of their skills.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining effective vendor/contractor relationships. Capable of overseeing vendor selection and negotiating relevant project contract points.
- Capable of leading quality gate discussions at key points of the project life cycle to determine quality improvement opportunities and go/no go decisions around next phase readiness and business case validation.
- Skilled at assessing change requests and prioritizing them in comparison to the overall project schedule.
- Capable of measuring project success through a variety of PM tools.
- Proficient in the use of project management and presentation software tools.
Nice to Have:
- Insurance Industry Experience.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.