Job Title: Provisioning Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH (remote)
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Provisioning Engineer for a contract opportunity with one of our clients in Columbus, Ohio. Candidate will be responsible for the design, inventory and installation of data, voice, and mobile services provided to client through various carriers. Provide break/fix support to Voice Operation for POTS and Mobile/Cellular services. Candidate must be able to monitor circuit orders placed and received for completeness and accuracy. Daily interaction and understanding of processes with Telecommunication vendors, service providers, internal customers, colleagues, and engineering teams.
- Expert knowledge of voice services(POTS, ISDN/PRI, SIP) and ability to work with service providers to deliver solutions.
- Expert knowledge of Toll Free services and provisioning (ordering, RESPORG, Transfer of Service, routing/advanced features, etc).
- Expert knowledge of data services (T1, DS3, OC3, Ethernet, MPLS).
- Basic knowledge of mobile services and billing(cellular voice, coverage).
- Basic understanding of converged voice and data networks.
- Understanding of dial plans and call flows.
- Excellent communication skills(written and verbal) and ability to work both independently and in a group
- Understanding of mobile devices(Apple iOS/Android) and provisioning of MDM services a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work both independently and in a group.
- Should have demonstrated behaviors as a team player, critical thinking skills, and accountability.
- Strong ability to drive carrier relationships and escalate issues when identified
- Ability to analyze carrier invoices and identify saving opportunities
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.