Location: San Francisco (100% remote and must work PST hours)
Start Date: 6/28/21
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Heitmeyer is seeking a QA Manager to join its west coast Banking client’s Core Transformation Program to work closely with the Business Readiness Delivery Director and manage the day-to-day identification, reporting and prioritization of defects with the project team owners, Test Leads, and Business Owners.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the defects across multiple project teams, upholding Bank’s processes and JIRA best practices, meeting with project teams to address questions and help manage the resolution of defects logged by each team. This person will report the status, issues, blockers, risks, schedule, and other KPIs relevant to the tracking and resolution of defects.
- 5-10+ years of test execution and QA and defect management experience
- 3-5 years of Banking domain experience
- Well versed in using the Agile methodology to help teams drive their SIT/E2E testing activities in collaboration with multiple other teams in a predefined sequence of events
- Strong knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and uphold the defined Testing governance processes and JIRA and testing best practices amongst key project personnel across multiple Agile teams.
- Possesses strong team collaboration skills to work with Test leads and help multiple teams with coordination and adoption of the SIT and end-to-end processes.
- Capable of This person will own the coordination of tactical identification, reporting and prioritization of defects across all CTP teams to facilitate and ensure each project team follows the planned sequence of SIT/E2E testing in collaboration with multiple other teams
- Strong leadership and QA management qualities to own the overall Testing Program level Defect tracking and work with SIT/E2E test leads to ensure each individual team reports defects correctly per process, put through triage, prioritized, fixed and retested by the owning teams.
- Proven experience pulling and analyzing various KPI and progress reports from JIRA on status and progress of Testing and defects.
- Possesses strong presentation skills to present to the program leaders the status of defects, blockers, and mitigations to ensure blockers are removed and risks are mitigated around the go live of the Bank’s new core system
- Strong knowledge of X-Ray (JIRA Plug-in for Testing)
- Experience on a core banking conversion is a nice-to-have
- IBS (core banking platform) experience is a nice-to-have
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.