Job Title: Mainframe Developer
Location: 100% remote
Duration: Long-term contract
We are growing! Heitmeyer Consulting is growing and with that growth we are looking for experienced mainframe developers to join our practice! Our mainframe practice is comprised of experienced mainframe developers across both COBOL and Hogan projects deployed to our banking clients. We are looking to expand our consultant base with experienced technical professionals with solid technical skills and experience in mainframe environments.
Ideal candidates are eager to learn, have a desire to work on various initiatives and thrive in a fast paced environment! Candidates should have extensive experience in financial services industry.
- Consult with business partners to design, modify, and explain program changes
- Resolve problems which occur in production systems.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to existing systems
- Work to enhance existing coding
- Provide project support which includes writing new codes
- Work closely with business partners both technical and non-technical to explain changes, impacts and enhancements
- Provide ongoing technical support
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of programming experience with working on projects and supporting mainframe applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience with COBOL, CICS, DB2
- Ability to perform Developer activities on projects including design, coding, testing and staying on schedule.
- Must be able to work independently on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to dig into current code and make the required changes necessary if something needs fixed or enhanced.
- Use Service Now for implementation of changes.
- Extensive experience researching issues and providing resolutions
- Strong communication and technical business acumen
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.