Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. BA for our client in the financial services industry. The Sr. BA conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assists management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. Designs, documents and re-engineers business processes and publishes business metrics results.
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Experience with Systematics or TouchPoint Applications. The mainframe apps are Advanced Lending (AM), IMPACS (IM), Relationship Management (RM), and Saving Time (ST).
- The experience with Systematics and TouchPoint needs within the last 10 years.
- Experience with gathering business requirements & writing test scripts
- Experience with working alongside clients & answering questions
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of financial services products and services
- Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate organization
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
- Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Must have experience with at least one of the following applications: Advanced Lending (ALS), IMPACS (DDA), Relationship Management (CIF), Savings Time (ST). Position requires at least 3 years of Systematics experience that is not 10-12 years in the past. Excellent communication skills, Experience with gathering business requirements & writing test scripts. Experience working alongside clients & answering questions.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.