Sr. Cloud Engineer – AWS
Our client, a growing bank in Phoenix, is hiring! We are hiring skilled engineers with both AZURE and AWS experience. Ideal candidates have a desire to work in an innovativ enviornment with a focus on collobration and growth mindset!
Partnering with the support team, the AWS / Azure Engineer will lead efforts to optimize, harden, and improve the bank’s IT Infrastructure. Primary focus includes Microsoft Windows Server domain services, and a VMWare based data center. This role will work closely with an outsourced IT staff to steer operation efforts and validate vendor practices for maximum security and reliability. The Engineer will directly influence and be involved in identifying, prioritizing, and resolving any issues that may impact business operations. In addition, the Engineer proactively seeks to communicate solutions to network and server related issues and recommends technologies that can be used to improve the overall health of the company network systems.
- This role will focus on designing and developing enterprise cloud capabilities and solutions for all cloud service types; IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- This role will collaborate with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development organizations during design and development phases, providing guidance, interpretation, and engineering expertise.
- The role will additionally focus on the overall project technical and architecture design, cost effectiveness, quality of solution, knowledge transfer, and mentoring of the project technical team members.
- Lastly, the role will be keenly aware of cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption while also being proficient in the understanding of and application of various automation related tools and languages.
- Contributes to and supports the corporate Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings
- Contributes to and support the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management
- Provides expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of IT’s cloud project portfolio
- Contribute towards continual service improvement activities related to the delivery of cloud services
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Create and implement automation in the form of infrastructure as code for cloud platform solutions
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- 5+ years’ experience in IT platform, storage, networking, and virtualization engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications (preferred)
- In depth, practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions with robust Business Continuity and Disaster Recover requirements
- 4+ years practical experience designing, building, and automating solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Route 53, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS and API Gateway
- 3+ years’ experience working with cloud automation tools such as Terraform
- AWS Cloud Formations experience is also a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in building CI/CD pipeline automation in tools like Jenkins/Cloudbees with scripting languages such as Groovy, Ruby, or Python
- 3+ years practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied Agile development practices
- 3+ years hands on experience with automated tooling such as Chef and Test Kitchen
- Hands on experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses pertinent to cloud, server, storage and network virtualization
- Possess a strong understanding of SDLC principles and processes
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong customer service awareness and orientation
- Exemplifies leadership characteristics in support of client’s corporate objectives
- Executive presence – ability to communicate effectively with levels of Senior Management