Job Title: Senior Network Engineer- Data and Telecommunications
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: Direct Hire
Our client, a growing bank in Phoenix, is looking to expand their team! This role is ideal for individuals looking to grow within an organization, who have a strong desire to ask good questions and creativity for new ideas!
Partnering with the support team, the network engineer is heavily involved with identifying, prioritizing, and resolving critical network related issues that impact business operations. In addition, the engineer proactively seeks to communicate solutions to network related issues and preferred emerging technologies that can be used to improve the overall health of the company network. The Senior Network Engineer develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Develops alternative routing scenarios and changes in required sequence of network activities. Conducts economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Travel is required to California, Nevada and Arizona.
- Works with technical teams to ensure that hardware and software infrastructure is maintained with latest firmware and software requirements
- Work to maintain the highest branch availability with the core network
- Manages basic and expedited support to resolve all networking related issues
- Troubleshoots and resolves all expedited issues impacting the customers’ challenges and needs
- Proactively communicates the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues
- Monitors and reports the performance of network components against KPIs and takes preemptive measures to minimize interruptions
- Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for improving the overall network health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluates new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with businesses needs
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field.
- Senior network engineer with 8-10 years of hand-on data internetworking experience. CCIE certified or CCIE-level experience.
- Experience in design specification development, data communications security and privacy techniques.
- Form and report design experience and knowledge of security processes, regulations, codes, ordinances and terminology.
- 8+ years of experience with WAN and LAN networks including WAN planning, procurement, and termination.
- 8+ Years – Cisco Switches (38xx, 45xx, 65xx, Nexus, and cloud managed switch solutions)
- 8+ Years – Cisco Routers (ISR gen2, gen3, and ASR platforms)
- 8+ years using routing protocols on Cisco routers and layer 3 switches including OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- 8+ Years Layer 2 Protocols: VLANs, VTP, LACP, PAGP, and Spanning Tree (STP)
- 8+ Years Network Services Protocols: VSS, WCCP, ACLs, Policy Based Routing (PBR).
- Experience with modern data center protocols including Nexus VPC, and OTV
- Experience in HA switching with HSRP
- Knowledge network Virtualization technology.
- Design and implementation experience of networks supporting virtual desktops (VDI)
- Strong Remote Access Technology with emphasis on Cisco AnyConnect
- Experience with load balancers (F5, NetScaler, or similar).
- Experience with Cisco AAA model with Cisco ACS and ISE.
- Experience with NAC and Cisco Identify Service Engine (ISE)
- Ability to support and mentor Junior staff members, Helpdesk, and NOC analysts
- Applied working knowledge of ITIL change management and service design
- Strong problem solving skills and network design experience.
- Experience in network monitoring including SNMP, ICMP, IP SLA, Syslog.
- Experience with network monitoring tools: SolarWinds, Netbrain, Live Action, etc.
- Experience in SSL and IP Sec VPN technology, design, and best practices around 2FA.
- Experience with Cisco Firepower and ASA 55xx firewalls
- Experience with Juniper Firewalls a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management, staff and equipment vendors.
- Knowledge of principles of business system analysis, including the analysis of procedures, equipment and methods.
- Ability to quickly evaluate and resolve customer problems directly with customers.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present research findings
- Ability to analyze specifications and design documents.
- Ability to create standard operating procedures (SOPs/MOPs).
- Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers.
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- Proficiency with coding languages including Python and Perl.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a Team setting as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Perform preventative maintenance on layer 2/3 devices
- May require participation in a 24×7 on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.