Job Title: SOC Tier III Analyst
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 6 months
Our client in the retail industry is seeking a SOC Tier III/Lead who has experience in SOC Operations, Technical expertise and client relationship management to support one of our top clients. This role is highly technically hands on and requires a broad depth of knowledge as well as the ability to share knowledge within the team. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day operations and management of the SOC to maintain a smooth efficient Security Operations Center.
- Determine and classify the severity of alerts and assess potential impacts.
- Report and investigate potential security incidents.
- Provide recommendations to clients for containment and eradication of threats.
- Maintain Intrusion Detection/Prevention signatures.
- Update security operations processes and procedures.
- Assist in IT security investigations, exercises and tests.
- Research, consultation with colleagues and training to maintain awareness of trends in new security threats, technologies and regulations.
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years concentrated in the field of cyber security operations and incident response
- Expert Level Knowledge of at least 5 of the following security tool categories:
- SEIM, Network IDS/IDP, Endpoint A/V & EDR
- Email Protection, IR Workflow & Automation, Vulnerability Assessment & Pen Testing
- Threat Intelligence, Network & Malware Analysis, Web Proxy and DLP
- Ability to analyze log files, packets and other security tool records for a diverse variety of systems.
- Understanding of how Virtualization, Operating Systems, Middle Ware, Software Development Engineering and Network protocols function.
- Familiarity of reverse engineering techniques, understanding of behavior, capabilities of malware, rootkits.
- Knowledge of security policy and technical standard development, secure infrastructure design reviews, multi-tiered trust zone structures, and complex networking through multiple level network security structures
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and client facing skills
- One of the following certifications: CISSP (preferred), CISM ,PMP, CEH, Security+,
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Ability to deliver under pressure and prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Cyber Security Consulting
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.