Job Title: SQL Server DBA
Location: Downtown, Phoenix
Duration: 6 Months -Contract to Hire
Our banking client is is seeking a Sr. SQL DBA to join their DBA Team. Sr SQL Server Database Administrator with 7+ years of experience managing database solutions and performing database design, development, enhancement, and deployment. Subject Matter Expert in Microsoft SQL server Technology. (all core areas: SSMS, Always ON Failover Cluster Instance, Windows Failover Clustering, Data Synchronization, Encryption, Partitioning, Performance, Security, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS configuration). Extensive experience in cloud migration across different platforms in Azure – Azure Database, SQL Managed Instance & SQL Server on Azure VM. Define Best practices & standards for cloud migration from database standpoint and provide backup, monitoring and DR solutions based on application requirements. Ideal candidate would have worked in financial industry with experience in SOX Audit Compliance for DB Security.
- Partners with development teams to design database management and governance protocols, manage the information lifecycle, and design infrastructure and database integration controls.
- Understands business strategy and cascades business intelligence needs to the database level.
- Designs, configures, implements, and administers all databases for the respective parties involved.
- Develops and maintains complex models and logical database designs.
- Identifies and resolves all issues related to database systems to ensure that systems are online and without service interruption.
- Experience with automating DBA tasks, database tuning, database partitioning and capacity planning.
- Experience with data modeling and schema design.
- Builds and manages the database disaster recovery backup and high availability plan.
- Develop new and enhances existing standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for database environments using industry experiences, best practices research, and business needs.
- Analyzes and reports the performance of database operations against the key database performance metrics.
- Meets performance standards in accordance to service level agreements set by the company.
- Experience in troubleshooting Databases using Database Diagnostic & Compliance Management tools.
- Work on production issues in performance tuning, blocking/locking/deadlocks, Mirroring, AlwaysOn, memory pressure, CPU, I/O latency and capacity management.
- Design & Develop High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions using SQL Server AlwaysOn Technology.
- Candidate should have extensive knowledge in SQL Server Technologies with at least 7 years of experience.
- Managed databases Small/Medium DBs & VLDB ranging from 10GB to 5TB.
- Implemented & Maintained Standard SQL Maintenance Jobs.
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of database principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of database definition, design, and configuration.
- Should be a self-starter and handle Prod Issues & Projects without any guidance.
- Collaborate with customers and SMEs to provide sustainable solutions for critical Database design and development across various applications.
- Develop an overall database architecture that supports the information needs of the business in a scalable and secure environment.
- Implement & Maintain HADR solutions such as AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Replication.
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019, over 3+ yrs of experience with SQL 2016 & SQL 2017.
- Experience in DB Encryption using TDE and Column Level Encryption for Critical Databases.
- Maintain/Deploy custom SQL jobs & SSIS packages.
- Define standards for Column Level Encryption to identify PCI or PII columns.
- Candidate should have experience in Azure Cloud Migration both PaaS & IaaS solutions.
- Experience in Database Backup and Recovery & Monitoring solutions.
- Solid Experience in troubleshooting Database issues in Prod & Non-Prod environments.
- Extensive experience in Performance Tuning of queries and stored procedures & optimize execution plans for faster application response times.
- Good to Have – Experience in design, development, and deployment of data extracts, transformations or loads, supporting the ingestion and transformation of data as needed using SSIS packages.
- Should have experience in developing Reports using SSRS.
- Manage & Maintain cubes and work with App/Business to deploy it in Production.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.