Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Our client is seeking a Sr. BSA for a contract opportunity with their organization. Must have experience working in a banking or financial services environment.
*This will be a combination of remote and onsite. Travel could be to several locations including Portland, OR, Chicago, IL, or San Diego, CA
- Knowledge of commercial online banking, knowledge of consumer online banking
- Nice to have but not required – knowledge of BeB; branch banking
Serves as a senior technical contributor with expertise in particular business processes responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to a client organization's business plan and industry requirements. Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
- Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during IT and technology consulting projects.
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement, acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
- Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Assesses available technologies and recommend solutions to consulting team.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Consults directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
- Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts and Technology Business Consultants.
- May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the number in the audience and client preference.
- May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of banking products and services
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development) and conversion methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development, or other relevant technology
- Knowledge of application architecture
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
- Proficiency in at least one appropriate application programming language
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas