Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: St. Peterburg preferred, but may also work in Jacksonville or Milwaukee (can work remotely but must be local to one of these locations)
Duration: 6 months with potential for extension
Our client is seeking a Sr. BA for their Tooling Transformation Program. The Strategy and Transformation team is part of the Technology Development organization and is responsible for identifying, scoping, planning and executing transformational projects that enable continued process and operational improvement. This position supports the Tooling Transformation Program, which is implementing Clarity and Rally at the organization.
The business analysts should be experienced in implementations of tools end-to-end as projects such as:
- Facilitate requirements and process mapping working sessions with teams to document define as-is process, to-be process, and ask the right questions of the stakeholders to cover all aspects of business requirements
- Facilitate discussions on configuring the tool(s) to support the defined processes
- Help to determine risks, issues, dependencies and escalate where needed to Project Manager and other parties
- Ability to process flow
- Ability to write UAT scenarios and facilitate/track UAT, tracking issues/defects
- Help to prepare communications as per the project communications plan where needed
- Assist in preparing training materials for users of the tools where needed
- Lean in to the post-launch support plan
- Prepare project level reporting/updates
- Experienced, technical, and motivated problem solver; capable of understanding complex processes, relationships, etc. and converting those to actionable plans
- Demonstrated skill in managing large complex, global projects/programs involving cross-functional teams
- Ability to conceptualize business issues and derivers, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for change
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, illustrative, data visualization, and presentation.
- Flexibility to interact with internal business customers, technical peers, management, and vendors on diverse topics
Business industry professionals who elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests.
- Ensures that the changes made by programmers are correct.
- Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
- Reports and reviews testing results.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- May mentor, guide, advise and or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 6+ years of business analysis experience
- Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research
- Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in business modeling and requirements definition, multiple products/services, and one or more technical environments
- Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment
- Experienced in implementations and tools transformations
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of financial products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.